Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I cannot remember the last time I was this excited about finding a new website!  OMG!  A program that is MADE for me!!!

http://firstdescents.org/

I LOVE IT!!

And then check out the program levels!
http://firstdescents.org/programs/program-levels

I can do a week of surfing!  For FREE!  Then I can go back a second time, as long as I fundraise?  For free again?  Then a 3rd time where I have to raise at least $1000. 

I already filled out the application for 2013!  I'm really really excited.  Surfing, white water kayaking or rock climbing adventures.  How cool is that?  The YouTube Video they have is pretty cool too. 

After reading it all, the levels, adventures, challenges, goals... this program is literally made for me. I haven't found something so ME in this whole experience.  Specific for people in any part of surviving cancer who are 18-39 years old... the forgotten age of cancer.  (less funding, less research, fewer programs).  This is ME! 

I could completely see myself becoming part of this organization going forward.  Too bad I'm maxed out at the age pretty soon.  :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment