Saturday, December 22, 2012

19 Days!

Gotta love the crazy Christmas season.  I'm so last minute this year.  I still have a bunch of gift certificates to pick up, plus cards.  I've been done and wrapped before by Thanksgiving, so this part is making me nuts!  Too much to do and not enough time.

It has been SO long since I've seen my dad's family.  Today is "Christmas Eve" up in Gloucester at my uncle's house.  It's also my grandfather's birthday and my boyfriend's birthday! 

And again, as always, my boyfriend is amazing.  Since it has been forever since I've seen my dad's family and he knows how much it means to me, we're driving up to Gloucester for the fish fry dinner (and he doesn't eat fish either!).  Just cuz he knows I really want to see them, even on his birthday. 

Last night we went to our usual 99 Restaurant.  Is is sad that I was still taking off my coat to put on the back of my chair when a beer was put down in front of me?  Then the bartender when to make Jim's drink for him.  And this wasn't even the usual bartender that we get!  We're usually sitting with Kevin and even Johnny knows what we drink!  Johnny gave us the hot fudge brownie sundae for free for Jim's birthday.  Kevin got Jim a free drink. 

I was giving a Jim hard time too about having them sing happy birthday to him.  Jim would KILL me if I ever did that to him!  But I knew that Johnny never would do it to Jim, I've heard him talking people out of it when they tried to do to other guys at the bar.  So it was okay to say things like that to Johnny and have Jim sweat it out a little!  :)

We'll leave and head up to Gloucester for a while, hang out, do the Christmas thing, then head out.  We are going to stop by Jim's parents on the way back too, so they can see him for his birthday.  Then I think he said something about the movies.  He wants to see The Hobbit.  I'd rather do anything else, but hey, not my birthday so I'll suck it up!

Tomorrow we are meeting my friend Jen and her boyfriend to watch the game and do lunch.  The guys have never met and I know they will get along, so that will be fun.  Jen's great!  (btw Jen, thanks for the card AGAIN!  :)  I love all of them that you have sent!)

Seriously, I have NO idea how many cards Jen has sent me.  My wrist surgery get well, support cards, a Christmas card.... and I LOVE it.  She sent me recipes for high protein things, since I'm supposed to aim for 77 grams (of non-soy) protein a day.  Just super sweet!

To answer your question Jen... my favorite dishes?  I love food in general!  LOL!  Love Italian and ALL in your list.  Lasagna, yes.  Shells, yes.  Mack & cheese, yes.  :)    I'm a great microwave button pusher!  LOL! 

I know that after surgery, things are going to be tough.  It is getting more real now.  I'm not worried about the surgery itself.  I'm sure that day I'll be nervous and pretty anxious about everything, but the actual surgery isn't a concern.  I'm not worried about the mastectomy.  I'm not emotionally attached to my breasts so losing them isn't something that bothers me. 

Right now my bigger concern is the recovery.  I know I'll be sore.  I know moving around will be a challenge.  That's my concern.  Getting around.  Getting up from the recliner I plan on basically living in.  How the dog will be with me. 

Planning everything is how I've been trying to get a little control.  I am the QUEEN of list making.  I have pads of paper everywhere.  Right now my lists include:

Things to do around the house before surgery.
Things to buy before surgery.
What I have to pack to bring to the hospital. 

It's crazy!  But seriously, its things I need.  Have glasses on the counter because I won't be able to reach the shelf in the cabinet.  Open up prescription bottles because I won't have the strength to open them.  Get the pain medication in advance so I have it at home when I am released from the hospital.  Have clean blankets and sheets ready when I'm home to put on the recliner to lessen the risk of infection.  Have single serving food available to heat up easily. Buy new slippers for the hospital plus new pj's and button down tops that will be easier to get on and off. 

SO much to think about and prepare for. 

And now its starting Christmas weekend! 

December 22nd.  Almost the end of 2012.  Been a crazy year and I'm looking forward to leaving it behind.  Time to move on and move ahead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment