Sunday, March 17, 2013

Your Hair is a Great Color!

The weekend has been pretty good so far. Quiet, but nice.

Friday was a BUSY day though. I met with state Rep. Jason Lewis along with 3 of the 4 women who are leading the changes in Massachusetts for legislation requiring women with dense breast tissue to be informed of their risks. It was nice to feel like I was actually DOING something.

Good thing they were with me. This is one of those things, I KNOW I don't know! Writing a bill? Really? They had it written, its in committee and Rep. Lewis seems to now be on board, although it is a very long and slow process to make the change. He was very encouraging and supportive at the same time. Might have helped that I took my hat off and was bald as soon as I walked in.

Side note... not sure if people know what to do when they see me bald. Great glasses! Nice earrings! Guess these accessories now show up a lot more than they before, when I had hair.

After the meeting, I went out for lunch with dad. It was nice to catch up with him. That was the first time he saw me bald, and I think he did well with it. At least he got to see the pictures that I posted online, so he had that to go from.

I crashed when I got home from lunch... napped for a couple of hours. It still blows my mind how much a couple of hours out just knocks the absolute crap out of me! I'm wiped out! Drained beyond anything I can explain. Lifting my head up is hard.

Anyway... at some point, I found some energy and got ready. Jim and I went out for dinner at the 99, which we haven't been to in about a month... right after I started chemo. They were all great there. I got hugs from all the bartenders and everyone came over to say hi and see how I've been doing. I even got the courage to rock the bald look there.

Saturday was a quiet day for the most part. I was exhausted and napped a few times during the day. Jim is still busy with work, even when he's home. He spent a lot of Saturday working.

We did end up going out for a bit that afternoon. I needed to get some more moisturizer, Clinique Intense Moisture Surge. We were going to head out to Macy's at that mall, and go food shopping.

For the first time ever, I wore a wig out. I was nervous about that one too. What if it was windy? What if the wig moved? What if it looked too "wiggy"?

When we got to the mall, I told Jim he couldn't head off on his own. I needed his eyes if the wig moved on my head at all. I was just really nervous about it.

Once inside, Jim started looking at some things from himself. I finally found the courage to go off on my own. I did okay. Didn't find anything while I was shopping around Macy's but I could look around myself. When I found Jim, he had one shirt he was buying. I left him so he could go pay then I headed over to the Clinique counter to buy the moisturizer I wanted.

I got over to the counter and when the sales women came over to help me, the first thing she said to me was, "Your hair color is great, I love it." It was all I could do to NOT laugh in her face. I couldn't wait to tell Jim when we left.

After food shopping, we came home and I cooked dinner (without burning anything!). It was nice to end up falling asleep in Jim's arms again. My favorite place.

Today was a nice day. I was still super tired and was laying on the sofa for most of the morning.

Jim took a break from working so we went out for a bit. We got Rocco, headed out to the park in the next town over and went for an hour long hike. I can STILL feel it in my legs right now. And it KNOCKED me out for the afternoon, but it was so nice to get outside and get fresh air. I needed that.

We just had a nice weekend together. It was good to spend time with Jim. No doctor appointments, no chemo, no sickness, no nothing. Just spending time with Jim. And I loved it.

This week should be another good week. Lots going on, weather up and down, but Friday night should be a blast for the Betty Boobs party. I'm looking forward to seeing some really good friends and celebrating their own things with them. It should be a nice night.

OH, the photographer posted another picture of me. One of me in the wig that I wore out on Saturday night. Weird how different I look in each picture.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment