Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Chemo Dates

Jim is taking me to my first chemo treatment on Tuesday next week and I already have a date in March taken too. 

SO.. for my "chemo girls" (CG's), below are the dates I will need help with. You would need to drive me from my house to Dana Farber, spend 4-5 hours with me there.  My day starts with blood work, then they run the tests on my levels, then I meet with the medical oncologist.  Then its off to the infusion room for the chemo treatment for a few hours.  (TV, food, drinks, lunch, free wi-fi and hanging with me!).  And drive me home.  I'm not allowed to drive that day due to some of the meds making me tired. 

I know how lucky I am to have SO many friends and family willing to help me out.  Thank you SO much. 

Because I have so many people willing to help, and people need some advance notice to get the day off of work... the best way to do it might be to message me with the best couple of dates that work for you. 

Obviously the one day in February, 3 weeks from today, is most important to me right now.  For my wonderful CG's who live north of town and have a longer ride to get to my house, you are more than welcome to come over the night before and spend the night.  Just remember we have a dog!  Rocco is a 115 lovebug who thinks he's a lapdog.

Anyway... the dates are below.  Just message me with a couple of dates you'd be interested in being my CG, in order of preference.  I'm lucky I have so many people willing to help that I have to figure out who can do what days.  Either an email, comment here, a text, FB message... whatever works! 

Thank you for this.  For the support, for helping me and being there for me.  And for helping Jim, so he doesn't need to take all 8 days off of work, in addition to all the time he's already taken off. 
You have NO idea idea how much this means to me. 

Thank you!
(dates crossed out are taken, please pick from the open dates.  I'll update as specific dates are covered.)

February 12th
February 26th
March 12th
March 26th
April 9th
April 23rd
May 7th
May 21st

No comments:

Post a Comment