Friday, November 8, 2013

6, 7 & 8 plus a bit more


"28 Days of Thanks"  continues and here's the catch up of it!

6.  Your Children (Pets Allowed)

First my cats, Patchs and McGraw.  I haven't spent as much time with them this year.  Between fatigue and neuropathy, stairs haven't been my friend.  But I love them and I love spending time with them.  I love how happy they are to see me.  I love when I hang out with them when I feed them, that they climb all over me and snuggle up with me.  They still love to play and I'm so happy to still have them both in my life.  They are good kitties!  Even though they turned 13 last month!

Yeah, I'm thankful for Rocco too.  Being home every day, getting through chemo, radiation, surgeries and all the ups and downs of this year, I have had him by my side...  literally.  Right now he's snoring on the other end of the sofa.  Last night, I fell asleep on the sofa, and again he was on the other end!  Even all the times I have been home alone, I have had him here too and he has made all the difference to me.  I can't imagine not having him.

7.  A Failure You Have Had

I fail all the time.  I try and more often than not, I do not succeed.  But every failure has brought me to where I am today.  I have learned something from each and every person or event that has been in my life and I have taken those lessons with me moving forward.  I am thankful for the failures to make me who I am today with the people in my life today. 

8.  A Success

I am thankful that I successfully got through the past year.  I was diagnosed with breast cancer, did 2 rounds of IVF, had a bilateral mastectomy, 8 rounds of chemo, 28 radiation treatments, a salpingo-oopherectomy and here I am.  I survived.  As of now, I am living with NED (No Evidence of Disease) and NED is a great thing!!  I'm happy with that.  This is a great success and one I am HUGELY thankful for!


     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


What else?  I last wrote Tuesday about not bringing a dog home from the shelter with us on Monday.  Tuesday in general ended up being a hard day for me, not sure why.  I just got into a rough spot in my head.  I'm glad I had plans that night with a couple of friends.  We went to another Paint Nite and it was a blast! 

Here we are with our finished paintings.

A close-up of my photo. 
Wednesday I had a follow-up appointment with my surgeon and she said all is good.  Of course, I was out for about 2 hours for my doctor appointment and then stopping at 2 stores on my way back home.  Then I got home and I was asleep instantly!  Knocked me out and I was napping for hours. 

Thursday was a busy day.  I was back at the State House for a few more meetings and some great news with the bill.  Things are moving along very well and progressing in a great way.  We met with a few legislative offices, went to an event for Women and Government, another event for another bill that our lead sponsor is also sponsoring, and even better, had a surprise while we were there.

In addition to Marian and me being at the State House yesterday, so was the Red Sox World Series Trophy!!  When I heard that on the news yesterday morning, I knew that I was going to see it and get my photo taken with it!  So Marian and I headed to right outside the Governor's office and waiting then headed in for the photo-op!  :)


Here is Marian and me with the trophy.

And I had to get one of just me too!

It was funny after all of my meetings yesterday.  I called my parents and said that just before the photo of just me, channel 7 was in that room getting a shot of someone in front of the trophy.  They asked the guy in front of me in line.  But their camera was still on when I was standing for my photo.  So I told my parents that and to keep an eye out for me on the news on Channel 7. 

My mom called me just before 4:30 to tell me that she recognized my sweater on the news but they didn't show my face!  I thought that was hysterical. 

Last night, after Jim got home from work, we went out for an early dinner.  I was in a really good mood from the day.  He went into the bedroom early and I fell asleep on the sofa with Rocco.  At 7:30!!  I woke up around 9:30, changed, took my pills, and fed the cats.  I was back to sleep as soon as I laid back down.  Then (after a HORRIBLE nightmare) I woke up around 11 and moved into bed.

Jim got up at some point, because he was having trouble sleeping.  I woke up from another horrible nightmare, yelling his name.  He came back into bed, I fell right back to sleep and work up at 5.  Again, back to sleep at 7 when he left for work and then woke up at 9!  Even with the max 2 1/2 hours I was up, I slept almost 12 hours last night!  That is just crazy!

Today is a quiet day.  Nothing at all planned.  I'll be on the sofa, maybe will take Rocco for a walk, if I'm feeling okay at all, and I'm sure another nap. 

This weekend should be quiet.  I'm hopefully something will happen about a dog, but who knows. 

That's about it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment