Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Recovering

I've been trying to recover the past week but have been SO tired!  Every day I'm exhausted.  Today is the first day I haven't napped and at 8pm, I'm crashing. 

Otherwise, I haven't been doing much.  Recovery was MUCH more than I expected, including needing help to get in and out of bed.  One good thing was that the neuropathy got better while I was taking pain meds for my surgery.  Now that I stopped taking pain meds, my feet have been REALLY bothering me.  I did get a call from my health insurance that the prescription has been approved and its now ready at CVS.  Jim is going to pick it up for me tomorrow because its at the one right by his work. 

I've been trying to go to small walks with Rocco almost every day since surgery.  We've both gotten much stronger each day.  Last Wednesday I took 2 naps and every other day I came home and immediately took a nap.  I think Sunday was the first day I only took one but like I said, no nap today (even though I'm falling asleep as I'm typing this!)

Jim brought Rocco to the vet on Friday for a checkup.  It was late because of everything I've been through.  In June of 2012, Rocco weighed 112 pounds.  On Friday?  86!!  He's lost 26 pounds in 16 months.  Weird part, that's about what I've gained!!  :(

After months and months of trying to get Jim to get another dog, I've made progress!!  We might be close!  YAY!  I found her online about a month ago but he still wasn't super interested. She's another American Bulldog, 3 years old. 

A couple of weeks ago Jim was online looking for a dog, but he wanted a Bull Terrier, which isn't my top choice.  I kept pulling her up online.  She's so cute! 

When I was at the hospital for my surgery, getting poked 11 times for my IV, crying and telling Jim that I couldn't do it and couldn't take anymore pokes, he said we could do whatever I wanted to do that weekend... just trying to get my mind off of the missed IV attempts.  I said I wanted to go see her at the shelter! 

Well, I didn't wait for him.  Last Wednesday I went to meet her.  That night when Jim was home from work, we went back and he met her.  She was laying down on her side and letting me rub her belly while we were hanging out.  This past weekend he started finishing up the backyard fence to make it complete.  He knows how much I want her. 

So in two days, I'm bringing Rocco to the shelter to have the two dogs meet.  If all goes well, we'll set up a time with Jim there too to make sure, at least I think that's how it will go. 

If it doesn't go well, if they don't get along, that will unfortunately be it.  But Jim is already calling her my dog and saying things about us having 2 dogs in the house.  It seems like in his mind, we already have her!  YAY!!

So here she is... how cute is this face????

Vera Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment