Monday, October 28, 2013

Dogs

Last week I got a call back from Vera Bradley's adoption coordinator.  Someone without any pets went to see her and left a deposit.  By now she's probably in their home.  Good for her, but I was sad. 

Friday I went to the MSPCA to see another dog, Prada.  Not sure what's up with the purse names, but I thought it was funny.  Prada was a sweetheart, tons of energy and fun to walk around.  She wasn't a super snuggler, and Rocco didn't meet her yet. 

After I found out it was a no-go with Vera Bradley, I started looking up other dogs and applying for so many.  One shelter called my references plus Rocco's vet too.  They had an open house today and I took Rocco with me to go meet her.  Here are a few pictures of her.

First I saw her while she was in the back, waiting in a cage.  



Then they let me take her outside while Rocco was waiting in my car.  She's a little love bug!



I went out to my car to go get Rocco for them to meet.  They were FINE together.  It was hard to get a good picture of the two of them together.  But Rocco was more interested in the kids that were outside than he was with her.  

We have been approved for the adoption.  But today was an open house event.  If anyone was approved and liked her, they could just adopt her on the spot.  My fingers are crossed that didn't happen.  I really really liked her.  I'm just trying NOT to get my hopes up.

After I got home and talked to Jim about her, he said its fine.  He doesn't need to meet her first.  This shelter has a 2 week trial period so if for some reason he hates her, we could bring her back.  But that wouldn't happen.  SO now I'm watching my email and waiting to hear back.  And my fingers are crossed. 

She's just SO sweet!! 

I do have a few others that I was interested in as well so I'm trying not to put everything on this one dog.  I'm afraid of being let down again.  I was so grateful that Rocco and her got along well.  That made me more confident about Rocco with other dogs in general. 

SO, now I wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment